I decided it would be interesting to compare two music videos from Marina and the Diamonds; one that was more pop as our chosen track is more upbeat, and one more alternative to help us with the artistic element that we want to bring in so that I could identify genre characteristics for both and decide how to evolve them together.
This is the most voyeuristic pop music video I'd analysised; the whole video is constructed to make Marina look vulnerable, unaware that we are watching her doing something so personal [altering her appearance]. This gives the video quite a serious atmostphere and, whilst we don't want our piece to be humourous, the upbeat of track wouldn't fit with something this sombre.
I did like the frequent reference to the notion of looking however, demonstrated through her singing into the mirror. I showed my partner this and we both agreed we want to include a shot similar to this -- maybe at the beginning of the video, our artist getting ready.
MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - FEAR AND LOATHING
No comments:
Post a Comment