Thursday, 17 October 2013

Journal - Digipak Complications

Due to the rainy weather and conflicting schedules on the day of our digipak shoot, we could not take the photos that we wanted to. It has been difficult to find a day which we are both free however we are confident that we can take the majority of our shoot during half term. We already have a production plan that includes outfits and props along with shot types; the majority of our photos are going to be inside in Isla's room, but some others will be around her neighbourhood. I have several rough drawings of designs for my digipak but plan to sketch a detailed, final one next lesson.

For the album cover, I previously planned to include polaroids -- and I still plan to experiment with this to see what it looks like -- but I am conscious of the fact that having two different photos for one album cover might not look very good. It would also mean that I'd have to use a background that didn't distract from the polaroids, which would be the main focus.

In case this does not work for the album cover, I'd like to use a close-up to bring the focus in on her hair and make-up. These are some of the album covers I have been looking at for inspiration. I particularly like the use of lighting orbs here and think that it is something I could use for mine, especially considering that I plan to use long exposure.





These covers have the artist's face as the main focus, with either a close-up or a mid shot, but also rely on fashion and make-up to construct the image.

I would still like to include Polaroid photos of my artist with the tracklisting and/or inside my digipak, but I am conscious of the presence of polaroids in our music video and the issue of a background. Whether the photos inside my digipak are in polaroid form or not, I know they will only consist of shots of Isla. The particular shots that I have in mind for these include a long/mid shot of Isla against a red postbox, posing with a Diana F camera and also drawing out shapes or words -- particularly our logo or album title-- using long exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment