Sunday, 10 November 2013

Journal - Digipak Cover

After deciding against a mirror effect image as my digipak cover, I began researching other album covers and experimenting using my own photos through photoshop.

We had some photos from the photoshoot that we had decided not to use, but I revisited these to see if I could incorporate them into my digipak cover. We took a range of close-ups and I added the lens flare effect and our logo into a few of them to see if I could use them as an album cover. This led me to decide that using one photo as my digipak pack was too boring for me. As I did not like the mirror effect either, I began researching album covers that had multiple photos on them and used the ones below as inspiration.



I liked the artistic indie element of the Lana Del Rey cover but felt it was quite boring, whilst the Little Mix coer was too bright and pop. I particularly liked the use of the white lines separating the different images on the Little Mix album cover and decided to use that on my own image.

I began researching backgrounds that I could use as a minor part in my album cover. My digipak will have a purple theme, so I looked at purple galaxy themes but eventually found a palm tree wallpaper that I liked.

I used the stencil effect on Photoshop to create my own white lines, though struggled with the thickness and straightness of the lines. As this is a first draft, I plan to tidy up the lines if my cover is received positively by the class when we present it.

I chose this close-up for my album cover because I thought it was the best out of the other close-ups we took and I used the Diana F photo because I liked how the hair fanned out all around it and felt it fit in well with my structure. I used the magnetic lasso tool and the clonestamp to bring these photos in, though still need to tidy up the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment