This is the advertisement for my digipak. Through analysing other digipak adverts, I learnt the codes and conventions of an advert -- they mostly consist of the album cover [if not a photo from the album shoot] paired with the artist's name that takes up most of the focus.
I decided to use a different photo of Isla, as opposed to the one used on the album cover, because the positioning of it in the middle looks better than the other one. I edited the contrast of the photo so that the white background had a pinkish tint to it but I also added in the palm tree background from my album cover, but turned the opacity down so that it is faint.
I added in the Polydor logo and a link to Isla's website to show the influence of the record label and market my artist across different media platforms. To help market the album, I included the 'success' of a single on the poster. As most of the digipaks I analysized featured the actual album cover, I added mine in at the bottom right corner.
After presenting this to my teacher -- whilst she felt that it communicated both the genre of our artist and conventions of an advert -- a point that she made was the typography of the small text. She felt that it didn't read as clear as it could be, so in my second draft I will use a clearer font. We also surmised that the 'Indigo' text should be in white in order for it to stand out against the purple background.

No comments:
Post a Comment