As a digipak needs to have additional features as a selling point, my digipak will have two CD's: the first being a music CD and the second a DVD with exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of Isla on tour and filming her music videos. This additional CD will be in a pull out style case: instead of the usual plastic case, this CD will be underneath a paper flap [that will be a printed photo of Isla] that buyers will have to slide out.
For my first draft, I wanted to keep the design simple and so I stayed away from using a loud background. Experimenting with photoshop allowed me to discover the gradient tool (where text or a background can change colour as it goes down or up) and I used this on a blank CD template. I comtemplated having the design for my additional CD the same gradient effect -- though with the colour gradient in reverse -- but after trying out these designs with the rest of my digipak, I decided using the same background from my front cover would look better.
I adjusted the opacity of the panel behind the CD to see what it would look like.
Whilst I really liked my long exposure photos and received positive feedback on them, I personally felt as if the white lighting meant that they stuck out slightly in my all purple digipak. I adjusted the saturation levels to get a purple hue and will use this photo for the panel behind my first CD. I used the my chosen Harbell Script font (taken from dafont.coom) as the font for the CD number and my album/artist name.
I combined both of these backgrounds, changing the opacity on my palm tree background on Photoshop so that they were faded into the background with the gradient effect still present. This resulted in my background looking brighter and I decided to use this design as my final CD.
Again, I adjusted the opacity of the CD once I put it together with the long exposure panel.
I used the same design for both designs but to indicate that my additional CD will have to be pulled out, I placed it more to the side of the image.







No comments:
Post a Comment